Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Chinese communist spokesman Zhao Lijian pardons Jamie Dimon from censure

Posted by administrator 

Chinese communist spokesman Zhao Lijian pardons Jamie Dimon from censure
November 25, 2021 01:49PM
BEIJING (Reuters) -China's foreign ministry on Thursday said it noted JPMorgan Chase Chief Executive Jamie Dimon's expression of regret for a remark he made about the country's ruling Communist Party and said it hoped media would stop "hyping" the issue.

On Wednesday, Dimon said he regretted his remark at an event a day earlier that the Wall Street bank would last longer than China's Communist Party (CPC), moving quickly to try to prevent any longer-term fallout.

"I noted the reports about how the individual involved has sincerely reflected. I think this is the right attitude. I hope the media involved will stop hyping this issue," foreign ministry spokesman Zhao Lijian told a regular daily briefing in response to a question.

The Dimon remark has been a hot topic in Hong Kong's financial circles with bankers surprised the JPMorgan boss would make the comments given the sensitivities of dealing with China.

But today Jamie Dimon and his company JP Morgan Chase is free to operate in the world
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.