Importance of SEX for Chinese woman
October 13, 2012 12:18AM
Every human being should try to have sex as much as possible. People who are deprived of sex tend to show signs of depression. Why?

1. Sex is beneficial for both the heart and the blood circulation, especially in the brain. While having sex, the heart rate goes from 70 beats per minute to 150, a good training for the heart. Having sex thrice a week decreases the risk of heart attack by 50 %. Also during the sex intercourses, the breath is deeper, meaning a better oxygenation.

2. The mental and emotional health balance is clearly tuned by sex. People who are involuntarily celibate or abstinent and often exhibit depressive feelings (like anger, frustration, self-doubt, paranoia and even depression) are driven into this by "missed opportunities", due to living without having sex.

3. Sex eliminates stress. You know the feeling of total relaxation and calm following a sexual intercourse. A subsequent profound calming sleep follows, with great effect in combating the stress, and persons with a regular sex life sleep better and feel better the next day.

4. Sex means softer skin. While having sex, a woman's body doubles the estrogen level, and this makes her hair shine while the skin becomes softer.

5. Long term researches showed that regular basis sex increases the humans' lifespan. For the same age and health, those who had orgasms more frequently had half the death rate of men who did not have such frequent orgasms. This could be due to the plummeting stress hormones, reaction that installs after we have sex. Frequent orgasms (about 100 per year) have been linked to an increase of 3-8 years in a person's lifespan and a decrease of death risk of 50%.

6. Sweating while having sex cleanse the skin pores, making the skin brighter and decreasing the risk of developing dermatitis.

7. Sex can keep you fit, burning extra-pounds. Quickies of 20 minutes weekly mean 7 500 calories annually, that's as much as you consume on 120 km (745 mi) of jogging. A sex session can burn about 200 calories. This is like running 15 minutes on a treadmill!

OPENING HER BRA:
With both hands........................ 8 Calories
With one hand.......................... 22 Calories
With your teeth........................ 85 Calories

PUTTING ON A CONDOM:
With an erection....................... 6 Calories
Without an erection.................... 315 Calories

PRELIMINARIES:
Trying to find the clitoris............ 8 Calories
Trying to find the G-Spot.............. 192 Calories

POSITIONS:
Missionary............................. 112 Calories
69 lying down.......................... 178 Calories
69 standing up......................... 312 Calories
Wheelbarrow............................ 386 Calories
Doggy Style............................ 400 Calories
Italian chandelier..................... 972 Calories

ORGASMING:
Real................................... 112 Calories
Fake.................................. 315 Calories

POST ORGASM:
Lying in bed hugging................... 18 Calories
Getting up immediately................. 36 Calories
Explaining why you got out of bed immediately......816 Calories

GETTING A SECOND ERECTION:
If you are:
20-29 years old........................ 36 Calories
30-39 years............................ 80 Calories
40-49 years............................ 124 Calories
50-59 years............................ 972 Calories
60-69 years............................ 2916 Calories
70 and over......................... Results are still pending

DRESSING UP AFTERWARDS:
Calmly................................. 32 Calories
In a hurry............................. 98 Calories
With her father knocking at the door... 1218 Calories
With your wife knocking at the door.... 3521 Calories

8. Sex strengthen muscles. So much pushes and flexions... It depends on your stunts in bed, of course, but it's clearly a lot more fun than running for miles. Bed fitness sessions clearly improve muscles of your pelvis, thighs, buttocks, abdomen, chest and arms.

9. The more active your sex life is, the more attractive for the opposite sex you are. High sexual activity makes the body release more pheromones, chemicals that attract the opposite sex, but also to display a security given by experience.

10. Sex improves senses, at least the smell. Following the orgasm, a rise of the hormone prolactin makes the brain's stem cells form new neurons in the olfactory bulb, boosting a person's olfactory abilities.

11.Sex is also a pain reliever, ten times more effective than Valium: immediately before orgasm, levels of the hormone oxytocin rise by five times, determining a huge release of endorphins. These chemicals calm pain, from a minor headache to arthritis or migraines, and with no secondary effects. Migraines also disappear because the pressure in the brain's blood vessels is lowered while we have sex. So now we see that actually, a woman's headache is rather a good reason for having sex, not against it.

Sex also stimulates the release of estrogen, decreasing the PSM pains.

12. Kissing stimulates salivation, which cleanses food left between the teeth and lowers the acidity in the mouth, the main cause of the tooth decay and bad breath.

13. Sex fights off allergies. A good sex session can be a good remedy against stiff nose, being a natural antihistaminic that helps combating asthma and high fever.

14. Regular sex balances the ratio good cholesterol: bad cholesterol.

15. Sex balances sex hormones: estrogen protects a woman's heart but on the long term, it can be efficient also against Alzheimer's disease and osteoporosis while testosterone spurs the growth of the bones and muscles.

16. The sexual activity means less colds, flu and infections. 1-2 intercourses weekly means 30 % higher levels of the antibody immunoglobulin A, that spurs the immune system.

17. Sex means a better control of the bladder, as pelvis muscles controlling the urine flow are stronger.

18. After orgasm, especially in the evening, we get sleepy. Sex increases sleep quality. Following an orgasm, the body of both males or females becomes completely relaxed, so they may have a good deep sleep.

19. Most pregnant women stop having sex a few weeks before giving birth, as there is a widespread idea that having sex late in pregnancy could trigger labor. But studies shows this is not true. Prostaglandin is released in huge amounts by the woman's body as it triggers labor. Also, orgasm can induce uterine contractions. Still, there is no scientific proof that sexual intercourse close to the end of pregnancy starts the labor.

20.Sex fights cancer! Various researches have shown that a high ejaculation frequency and sexual activity are linked to a lower risk of prostate cancer later in life. A study found out that men who ejaculated 13 to 20 times monthly presented a 14% lower risk of prostate cancer than men who ejaculated on average, between 4 and 7 times monthly for most of their adult life. Those ejaculating over 21 times a month presented a 33% decreased risk of developing prostate cancer than the baseline group.

Researches found that sexually active women have a lower risk of developing breast cancer.

Many cancers can be boosted by impairments of the hormonal balance, and perhaps sex and orgasm can fix this. Indeed, increased estrogen levels have been linked with higher risk of many cancers and increased testosterone levels in men has been linked to greater risk for prostate cancer.

Edited 10 time(s). Last edit at 10/18/2016 06:17PM by administrator.
CHINESE WHO CRAVE URINE OR PISS
May 03, 2012 02:40PM
URINE FOR HEALTH AND BEAUTY

A vendor pours a bucket of boys' urine into a pot of hard-boiled eggs.

YUMMY YUMMY

DONGYANG, China - Officials in China have listed a local food delicacy of eggs soaked in boys' urine as part of the region's intangible cultural heritage.
Every spring, street vendors in the city of Dongyang sell 'virgin boy eggs' as a unique snack.
Basins and buckets of boys' urine are collected from primary school toilets. Eggs are then soaked and cooked in the urine.
There is no good explanation for why it has to be boys' urine, just that it has been so for centuries.
The scent of these eggs being cooked in pots of urine is unmistakable as people pass the many street vendors in Dongyang who sell it, claiming it has remarkable health properties.

"If you eat this, you will not get heat stroke. These eggs cooked in urine are fragrant," said Ge Yaohua, 51, who owns one of the more popular "virgin boy eggs" stalls.
"They are good for your health. Our family has them for every meal. In Dongyang, every family likes eating them."
It takes nearly an entire day to make these unique eggs, starting off by soaking and then boiling raw eggs in a pot of urine. After that, the shells of the hard-boiled eggs are cracked and they continue to simmer in urine for hours.
Vendors have to keep pouring urine into the pot and controlling the fire to keep the eggs from being overheated and overcooked.
Ge said he has been making the snack, popular due to its fresh and salty taste, for more than 20 years. Each egg goes for 1.50 yuan ($0.24), a little more than twice the price of the regular eggs he also sells.
Many Dongyang residents, young and old, said they believed in the tradition passed on by their ancestors that the eggs decrease body heat, promote better blood circulation and just generally reinvigorate the body.

Chinese woman being trained to rule the world
November 01, 2011 01:55PM
China has a widening wealth gap. You knew that. China has an extremely tough job market. You kinda knew that too. Sure, both are seen as byproducts of a clockwork double-digit growth Chinese economy but what’s been lost over the years is a sense of love.

Government has a plan

Train them to dine and dance

So if you’re swinging for the fences and you want that smoking hot girl that’s also enrolled in med school, you might have an increasingly harder time in China. Not saying every pretty girl in China is a gold digger or unintelligent, but these KTV girls are definitely not helping. Post-90 babies would rather work on perfecting their makeup technique than on academics. And why should they when they can be dolled up to make a 6-figure salary versus competing with the 1 million college grads that flood the job market each year?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/18/2013 05:34PM by administrator.
UNDERSTANDING CHINA
September 23, 2009 12:57PM
56 TRIBES OF CHINA
September 23, 2009 01:19PM
Re: 56 TRIBES OF CHINA
November 03, 2009 10:42PM
The total population of China is composed of 98 percent Han with around 56 other ethnic groups such as Manju, Huiju, Zhuang etc. Most of these groups identify themselves with Han, as it is very powerful and the most influential ethnic group in the country. Therefore, the question of asserting identities by the smaller ethnic groups never arises in the case of China. Moreover, the minority ethnic groups live in small population in and around Beijing, but concentrating largely in Tibet and Mongolia. Their distinct cultures and identity get manifested only during festivals. Otherwise, the notion of nationality is much stronger than their ethnic identity. Therefore, Prof. Ma Rong himself stated that, “In China, National identity is more important than ethnic identity”. I think, this explains why China in the present day is emerging as one of the fast developing nations in the world. In terms of culture, China is successful in preserving their rich tradition and customs. The buildings with traditional structures are still very popular and most acclaimed. Television and other media like newspapers always depict a program on their culture, history, and development. A series of family related programs are a day today attractions. In the context of religion, the Chinese do not have a particular God. They believe only in principles and philosophy. When inquired, I was reported that they are not happy about many countries that are being controlled by religious head from foreign countries. Religious conversion to Muslims has become a serious issue in a Tsinziang province in China. At present, there are some Christian followers as well but not very open.

Development in China is not proportionate. The regions lying in the East are prosperous and the Western side with 60 percent of the total population still depends on agriculture and lives in rural areas or villages. Before the formation of the ‘People’s Republic of China’ in 1949, there were frequent natural disasters with unstable political situation. Many people were displaced and suffered due to serious shortages of grain. The formation of PRC led to the adoption of a series of resolute measures, restoring and developing agricultural products and increase in the supply of grain drastically. In this relation, Prof. Lu Feng believes that China, at present does indeed have a problem of excess grain. It means that the explosion of population has not yet been a major problem for the Chinese. In fact, the strength of 130 crore population has been checked through the strict enforcement of one child system. However, this system differs from place to place and family to family. In rural areas, the system of one child is more liberal but not in the case of the city. A family can have more than one child only when the whole lineage of the family has no male successor. Otherwise, huge fine is imposed as penalty. Interestingly, if a child from the rural province or regions wanted to study in a better educational institution, which has better infrastructure, he/she has to pay more fees than their counterparts from city.

There is also a strict enforcement of law on environment. For instance, walking on the grass is never permitted. As already internalized in their mind, the habit of spitting is not at all their habit. They are conscious about the nature and decency. In terms of sports, I think they are much more advanced than many developing countries like India. The campus of Peking University has a beautiful stadium where, many students and professionals from the university practice their sporting events. I found many students who are equally serious in studies representing their country in Table Tennis, badminton and swimming in the upcoming Olympic Games in Beijing 2008. I have witnessed the venue for table tennis, which is constructed inside the campus. Not only this, the whole Beijing is lit with colorful lights and I see the people very excited in hosting this summer games. At present, China is at the peak of its beauty. Shops, restaurants, clubs, hotels, transport, and other service facilities are just magnificent. There is a huge drive to learn English and everywhere the people are taught to behave well especially to the foreigners visiting their rich country.

China today stands tall boasting with having super fast train with 200-250 Km per hour running through important cities like Beijing, Shanghai and Guangzhou. It shows its pride after the successful launch of Chinghai-Tibet railway. This railway route has the highest tunnel in the world, above 4500 meter from sea level with other 9 tunnels and uses special locomotive whose power is twice the normal train. It carries extra oxygen supplying the passengers and in every 16 Km, there is a communication tower to guarantee safety of train and its passengers. The route also passes through the lowest temperature of below -40 degree Celsius and therefore, covered with snow throughout the year. Passengers are asked not to run or walk fast in the station as they are cautioned that they may unconsciously fall down. The Chinese are proud to have this train and in the process of making this real, more than 10,000 people have sacrificed their lives. At the same time, it boasts of having many traditional or historical places such as the Great Wall, the Forbidden City, the Summer Palace, the Tiananmen Square, Ming Tomb, grave of Mao Zedong etc.
Ethnic groups of China
June 10, 2010 01:56AM
Several ethnic groups of the People's Republic of China are not officially recognized. Taken together, these groups (未识别民族 wèi shíbié mínzú) number more than 730,000 people; if considered a single group, they would constitute the twentieth most populous ethnic group of China. There are in addition small distinct ethnic groups that have been classified as part of larger ethnic groups that are officially recognized.

Completely unrecognized ethnic groups include:

Bajia (八甲人)
Deng (僜人)
Gejia (革家人)
Khmu[1] (克木人)
Macanese[2] (土生葡人, people of mixed Chinese-Portuguese ancestry in Macau)
Mang[3] (芒人)
Sherpa[4] (夏尔巴人)
Yi (羿人)[citation needed] - population ca. 300
Jews[5] (犹太, Youtai)
Qiangic peoples of Kham[citation needed]
Eurasians in Hong Kong
Ethnic groups that have been subsumed under the official list of 56 recognized ethic groups:

Akha people - officially a branch of Hani people
Aynu/Ani of China - officially classified as Uyghurs
Chuanqing - officially classified as Han Chinese
Dolan - officially classified as Uyghurs
Kucong (苦聪人) - officially classified as Lahu
Hui'an maidens - officially classified as Han Chinese
Mosuo (摩梭人)[6] - officially classified as Naxi
Shan (掸族) - some classified as Buyi, others as Zhuang, and still others as undistinguished
Tuvans (图瓦人) - officially classified as Mongol
Tanka - officially classified as Han Chinese
Utsul - officially classified as Hui
Ben people (本人) Khitan adherents in Shidian, Yunnan. They're not Daur people. Still use the otherwise extinct Khitan script in their cemeteries. [7] We have no info which ethnic are they classified.
Re: UNDERSTANDING CHINA
July 13, 2010 06:14PM

Yao woman dressed for a festival from Guizhou Province

A young Miao girl wears traditional clothes and silver-decked headwear and jewelry for the Lusheng Festival in southeast Guizhou.

Yunnan is home to these Bai beauties.

Maio girls dance in traditional dress.

A charming Turpan smile

Kashgar woman

Chinese shit
Re: Chinese shitting in public
March 25, 2010 05:59PM
I do not see any things. He is just a natural lover, enjoying the coll breeze on his rear.
chinese shit
Re: Chinese shitting in public
March 25, 2010 06:00PM
In front of KFC? What a jerk
Chinese Shit
Discovery of SILK
June 02, 2010 06:43PM
Over a decade ago I lived in China and I have to say I soon learnt to admire the practical way they dealt with the billions of feces the nation produced daily. The shitter next to my classroom was a masterpiece of minimalism: just a wide slopping channel down the side of the room. No partitions and no complicated flushing mechanisms. They simply squatted in a line and left off their chili enhanced explosions while chatting about this and that.

For foreign women it was worse. Many were the tales I heard of a non-Chinese woman going for a dump in a small town or village and being mobbed by young and old females alike to investigate the laowei physiology and refuse which was inevitably accompanied by a running commentary and cackles of delighted laughter.

In the countryside it was frequently the case that the shitter was a shack placed on tall stilts with a herd of pigs below to gobble up the human effluence from above. The first time I encountered this arrangement I was somewhat unnerved to see the ravenous pigs jostling to devour my scat. I feared that if the shack collapsed and I fell amongst the pigs I too would be eaten.

Indeed one night in a Chinese nightclub I got so drunk that I slipped while trying to have a piss and found myself up to my knees in shit. I thanked my lucky stars that the disco proprietors hadn`t seen fit to install a pig feeding toilet. Needless to say I didn`t get lucky with the ladies that night.

Lastly, while on the topic of China, one of my most enduring memories of the Middle Kingdom is the sight of the night soil collector. The unsung hero of Chinese agriculture who goes around the restaurants late at night and collects their `organic` waste and puts it in big metal containers that are strapped onto his bicycle and fitted with sturdy iron springs to provide suspension so none of the night soil spills while they negotiate the bumpy dirt road back to their allotment.

Now I think about it, for the Chinese, shit is another branch of the science of practicalities. They can use shit for fertilizer, they study shit for medicinal purposes and you can bet that some types of animal shit become food delicacies and medicinal remedies. After all who invented silk? And what is silk but anal string from a worm.
Chinese toilets - a place to relax and fillup
June 09, 2010 01:18AM
Apart from the germs spread by spitting and blowing your nose everywhere, there are other things you have to contend with in China. Perhaps the vilest of these are the toilet habits of the Chinese, so vile so that they deserve a chapter to themselves.

Some may argue that these are cultural differences. But I beg to differ. There are cultural differences that can and should be tolerated, and there are just plain nasty habits that hark back to an era of primitiveness when we still walked on all fours. China has squat toilets and Western style toilets. The squat toilets are traditional and are a cultural difference. But the toilet habits of many Chinese are not. They are extraordinarily dirty. Sometimes, I think even a dog has cleaner potty habits than many of them.

A toilet in Chinese countryside is usually a harrowing experience and one you will unfortunately remember for the rest of your life (unless you're Chinese). First, the smell: you can usually smell a Chinese toilet from far off. When you enter, you may run back out. What greets you are a row of rectangular holes in the ground and all around them are strewn lumps of stale feces and used toilet paper. There are no doors on the stalls, sometimes, even no partitions between the holes. But those are just the very sometimes when you’ve eaten some of China’s finest prepared laxatives, prepared in a dirty restaurant by dirty people. So you quickly glance around, then run back in, clutching your aching stomach in agony. You very gingerly step towards the toilet, taking utmost care not to step on any stale shit or used toilet paper and do your business.

If you are lucky, you will use the toilet in privacy. But if you aren’t, some Chinese person will enter, see you, a foreigner squatting and start giggling. If you’re in a school, then you may very well die of embarrassment when the kids see you and not only giggle, but beckon their friends, loudly proclaiming, “Waiguo laoshi shang cesuo” – Foreign teacher using toilet, and the whole lot come running in and trying to see if your bottom is blue in colour.

Yet, I feel the behaviour of the kids is tame compared to the animals whose are so primitive they can’t defecate into the toilet and throw toilet paper in the toilet or wastebasket provided for the purpose. You start asking yourself if they know what a toilet is to be used for in the first place. What is wrong with these people? Is this how they behave in their houses? Do they like to see stale shit on entering the toilet? Or do they get woozy from the stench and accidentally position their rear ends wrongly.

City people will claim these are dirty countryside habits but this is a blatant lie. For two years, I lived in a provincial capital in China's northeast. I worked in a modern high rise building on the eleventh floor in the most cosmopolitan area of the city. You could smell the toilets when you got off the elevator, despite the doors to the toilets being shut. The act of going to use the toilet was filled with apprehension, because 75% of the time, when you entered, the toilet was unflushed by the last occupant and full of reeking shit. Judging by the amount of shit, sometimes it was the last 2 or 3 occupants. On many occasions, I almost puked. And even in the squat pots, they spit on the floor, not in the pot. So when you go in and squat, you're staring at frothy spit in front of you.

Children learn bad toilet habits from young. They will literally stoop and pee or defecate on the street, despite there being a public toilet 10 metres away. The vast majority of Chinese children have never worn a diaper. Instead, they have a big slit that, when they stoop down, opens and allows them to pass whatever. Or if it’s a baby, the mother will hold the baby up, and indecently open the baby’s legs as wide as possible. Once I was on a train and there was a toddler who wanted to use the toilet. Rather than take the child to the toilet 5 metres away, the mother opened a bottle and had the child pee in that. Have some of these people no shame, no sense of what is decent and acceptable to civilized people? Really, what do these people think sometimes? Is there shit in their heads as well as in their lower parts?

The state of Chinese toilets is the one thing most repulsive to foreigners in China. And this is the thing I most cannot understand about China: the toilet habits of not all but so very many. I can understand the lack of privacy - Chinese people grow up with the community and family so they do everything together, including using the toilet. So to them it doesn’t matter if there are no doors. But for the filthiness, there is just NO excuse. When I went hiking about the countryside in England, I came to a conclusion that humans are different from animals. Animals shit everywhere and don’t care. Humans, on the other hand, have a sense of decency, self respect and an appreciation for hygiene.

Chinese people are human right, so why can’t they realize that the sight and smell of shit that’s weeks old is repulsive? That toilet paper thrown everywhere is unsightly and disgusting? Really, you don’t have to have a brain to realize this. But like obeying traffic laws, littering and queuing, this is just another example of the Chinese state of mind where common sense and what is practical and beneficial to the society takes second place to uncivilized impulsiveness, selfishness and stupidity. And dirtiness.

chinese toilet training without toilet paper
June 14, 2010 05:27PM
"I am a high communist official from Beijing, do you dare fuck with me? Fuck you"

On the evening of October 29, 2008, a big-bellied man around 50-years-old asked an 11-year-old little girl for directions to the restroom. After the girl kindly told him, he claimed he still was not clear, and asked her to lead the way for him. Then, he grabbed her neck and tried to force her into the men’s restroom.

Below is the surveillance video recording from the Plum Garden Seafood Restaurant in Shenzhen City Nanshan District:

In the video:

1.The young girl is seen leading the man with the big belly wearing a white shirt to the restroom.
2.Awhile later, the girl is seen running the other direction back into the restaurant.
3.She returns with her parents and brother to find the man and talk to the restaurant manager.
4.The mother and children first return to their dining room.
5.An argument occurs between the man and the girl’s father while the wait staff look on.
At first, the parents found the woman who was dining with the man to ask him where he is. The woman (also wearing white) claimed not to know anything and tried to leave. Then the over 50-year-old man with the big belly wearing a white shirt came out of the toilet. To everyone’s surprise, he said:

“I did it, so what? How much money do you want, give me a price. I will pay it!”

Arrogantly pushing and pointing at the girl’s father, he also said:

“Do you know who I am? I was sent here by the Beijing Ministry of Transportation, my level is the same as your mayor. So what if I pinched a little child’s neck? Who the fuck are you people to me?! You dare fuck with me? Just watch how I am going to deal with you.”

Eventually, the father called the police. While waiting for the police to arrive, everyone stopped the big-bellied man and the woman each time they tried to leave.

The police said the man drank too much, does not remember anything, and there were no witnesses of the girl being grabbed by the neck and forced into the restroom, so there is no evidence that the man was indecent towards the girl.
CN specifically reserved for Chinese
July 14, 2013 12:19PM

A report on the South China Morning Post (Hong Kong) website on March 8th published a statement from Zhao Jianke, a former hospitality manager for the five-star beach resort in the northern end of the Maldives called the Beach House at Iruveli Maldives. In this statement Zhao alleges that someone said the abbreviation “CN” for “China” instead stands for “cup [of] noodle”. Zhao Jianke was employed at this specific resort from October 2012 until February 2013.

Hot drinking water means so many things to a Chinese person: water is meant to be imbibed at lukewarm temperature in accordance with maintain a person’s proper “Qi” energy; boiled water is hygienic and cleaner than unboiled water; and it is with boiled water that one can make the important cultural sustenance of tea – and instant noodles.

"If you do not like my CN, I will never come there again. I love my CN"

So when a 5-star resort in the Maldives confiscates the ability to make hot water for themselves as a way to stop the making of instant noodles, this is a matter of great consternation for all Chinese. ”No hot water? But how will we live?” (*translated from Chinese)

Many potential clients have said that they will not go to this resort in the Indian Ocean until a formal apology is issued.

Chinese citizen, Zhao states that in December 2012 when a new general manager assumed control over the resort, workers were directed to treat Chinese clients with discriminatory practices.

In his statement, Zhao says that the new general manager ordered hot water kettles to be taken away from the rooms of all Chinese clients; conversely, the kettles for European clients would not be removed. This post has already been forwarded tens of thousands of times on Weibo.

Zhao Jianke says that even though many Chinese clients repeatedly complained about the lack of hot water facilities including elderly clients as well as parents who have brought along young children, the general manager was steadfast in his decision.

Zhao says that this general manager once publicly stated that the abbreviation for China, “CN”, actually stands for “cup [of] noodle”. This general manager would refuse to come to the dock and greet Chinese guests but would always be receptive to welcoming clients from Europe.

Zhao says that after a Chinese chef was fired, Zhao himself was forcibly let go from his position along with other workers.

The SCMP states that the Beach House at Iruveli Maldives has released an official statement that calls the accusations by Zhao Jianke as “malicious slander” and denies any discriminating treatment of Chinese guests. This statements says in part, “The Chinese market is extremely important to us; we warmly welcome all Chinese clients to stay at our resort.”

On March the 8th, spokesperson [for the Beach House at Iruveli Maldives] Linda Peterlin stated, “Due to the damage caused by some clients using water kettles to cook food in, the resort has taken away kettles from some of the rooms because they are broken; this is just routine operating procedure.”

It doesn’t matter than some Chinese have taken advantage of the situation to live out their dream: to be able to afford a trip to the Maldives so they can spend as little as possible once they get there, all thanks to cooking instant noodles in their own rooms. What matters is that denying hot water to Chinese is an affront to a fundamental human right.

And that’s what behind another scandal which has willfully offended Chinese sensibilities. Much in common with the past story regarding the Chinese outrage against the decision by Vera Wang to only charge clients in China with a fitting fee, Chinese nationalistic tendencies take the reins of rationality to run its own course: universal anger among Chinese netizens ring in unison with the (few, rich) Chinese that ruin it for everyone.

Furthermore, many holiday resorts in the Maldives have a “restriction” towards Chinese tourists wanting to partake in the islands’ diving activities.

At the Diveoceans diving center on Paradise Island, a rule is in place whereby that any Chinese partaking in diving activities are only allowed to dive to a depth of 3 meters for a total time of half an hour. The price for this activity is still the normal rate of 188 USD. At Club Med Kani, it is only Chinese tourists that are required to pass a test in order to go diving; those that don’t pass this test are prevented from participating. Workers at the holiday resort say that this is a precaution for the tourist’s own safety.

China International Ceramics Exposition 2011 (Zibo) Sept 6
July 29, 2011 11:30AM
This exposition would welcome ceramic enterprises across the country to participate in. The exhibits cover the construction ceramics, sanitary ceramics, porcelain, art pottery, ceramics and other high-tech categories. Ceramics, as the living fossil of civilization, fully reflects the profound and harmonious thought of Chinese civilization. Ceramics Road has become the very bridge connecting different cultures and establishing friendship for ages. As the city of Chinese ceramics, Zibo with a history of nearly ten thousand years is one of the earliest pottery origins. After the founding of People’s Republic of China, especially after the policy of reform and opening up, Zibo ceramic has experienced its second spring by means of innovation. The series of ceramic products "Chinese Dragon" have been served as the dishware for the national banquet, which represents the vivid charm and high status of contemporary porcelain ceramic produced in Zibo.
Re: China International Ceramics Exposition 2011 (Zibo) Sept 6
July 29, 2011 11:37AM
Zibo was once the capital of the ancient State of Qi, the most prosperous state during the Spring and Autumn and the Warring States Periods over 2,000 years ago in China. Lord Huan of Qi, ruler of Qi, appointed Guan Zhong, the famous thinker and economist, as his prime minister, and adopted Guan's thoughts and policies to administer his country, reform the economic system and develop relations with other states, After scores of years, Qi became the strongest state for its economic and military strength, and was named as the "state with one thousand chariots" and the "head of the five strongest states". The culture and education undertakings were rather developed in Qi. Both poetry and music were of high level. Linzi District remained its capital for as long as 638 years, and was the biggest city in the orient.

As the birthplace of the Qi Culture, Zibo has quite a number of cultural scenic spots. In the national city of history and culture, Linzi District, the ruins of the ancient Qi city, the pit for burying the funerary horses and chariots and other famous cultural relics and historic sites, have been discovered and unearthed. All of them exemplify the past prosperity of the Qi State. The ancient city of Qi, one of the first batch of cultural relics protection units, is rich in cultural relics and historical sites, and, therefore, has won the title of the "Underground Museum".

In 2004, FIFA President Sepp Blatter visited Zibo to celebrate FIFA's 100 year anniversary. FIFA has since then recognized the city as the birthplace of football[citation needed].

Zibo (Chinese: 淄博; pinyin: Zībó) is a prefecture-level city in central Shandong province, People's Republic of China. It borders the provincial capital of Jinan to the west, Laiwu and Tai'an to the southwest, Linyi to the south, Weifang to the east, Dongying to the northeast, and Binzhou the north.

Located in the middle part of Shandong Province, Zibo is an important transportation hub. Zibo governs 5 districts (Zhangdian, Zichuan, Boshan, Zhoucun and Linzi) and each of these districts has a distinct downtown area of their own. The T-shaped city has a total area of 5,938 square kilometers-three counties (Huantai, Gaoqing and Yiyuan) include; the total population of the city is 4.18 million, of which 2.76 million are in the city proper.

Zibo is well known as the historical state of Qi, which had ever been the most populous city in the east about 2000 years ago. Zibo is the birth place of ancient football Cuju, which according to FIFA, was the earliest form of the sport. Pu Songling, a world famous short story writer of Qing Dynasty, is one of the city's numerous celebrities born and bred here ancient and modern times. As the birthplace of Qi Culture and because of the abundant nature resources, it is an excellent tourist city in China. Manufacturing industry holds an important place of the city's economy and of course it has contributed a lot not only to the city itself but also to the whole country since the founding of New China. Some people associate Zibo with ceramics sometimes due to its powerful forces in ceramics manufacturing.
Zibo enjoys fame as of Famous Industrial City, Capital of the Ceramics Production Base and City of Petrochemical Industry. After one hundred years of development, Zibo has a solid industrial foundation. The dominant industries are: petrochemical industry, pharmaceuticals, metallurgy, building materials, machinery and textile, etc. High and new-technology industries, such as new materials, fine chemicals, electronics and information, and biological medicines, are developing rapidly.

According to 2007/2008 Global City Competitiveness Report released by Chinese Academy of Social Sciences, Zibo was among the top 20 cities in the world who enjoy the fastest economic growth between 2001 and 2005.[1] According to Oriental Outlook MagazineIssue No.1, 2009, Zibo ranks No.1 on the list of cities with reasonable real estate prices in China, also No.2 on the list of cities with good public security.[2] In 2009, the city was awarded as among "Best 10 Harmonious Cities that enjoy Sustainable Development in China".[3]

The Silk Road, prosperous through the Han and Tang Dynasties, is the famous passageway in China's history for economic and cultural exchange between East and West. As a result of textual research, Shandong area, with Zibo as its center, was the major place of silk supply at that time, and was one of the origins of the "Silk Road", Today, Zibo, as producer of silk and light textile products, remains an important place in the whole country and enjoys tremendous reputation on the market both at home and abroad..
Zibo abounds in natural resources. More than 50 kinds of mineral reserves have been found and coal, iron, bauxite, coal clay, chemical limestone, pottery clay, etc. are the main place of origin in Shandong Province because of their big reserves, high grade, and broad distribution. Zibo’s north part is abundant in petroleum and natural gas. The city was initially established as a mining city, but now it is undergoing technological upgrading and industrial transformation for further development. Only a few years before (maybe around 2002 or before), on account of high proportion of heavy industry and carelessness about industrial pollution, the city paid a price on both its environment and economics. Afterwards, people of this city made their minds to improve the environment. Small coal mines and chemical factories are closed,while all big plants are asked to install sewage disposal to get control of gas and dust. Nowadays Zibo is proud to have the first three municipal sewage treatment plants that with the treated water reaches the Grade-A1 standard of "Integrated wastewater discharge standard"GB8978—1996.[11] Air here is also widely acknowledged to be much better now.

In 2008, the total industrial output value of Zibo reached 532 billion yuan RMB. After one hundred years of development, Zibo has a solid industrial foundation. Since 1992, Zibo has always been one of the top 50 cities in China with the greatest comprehensive strength. In 2008, its GDP was 231.7 billion yuan RMB, ranking just below Qingdao, Yantai, Jinan and Weifang within the province. The ratio among the agriculture, industry and service sectors was 3.5%, 64.8%, 31.7%, which indicate the city still has a lot to do to readjust its industrial structure.
July 29, 2011 11:38AM
Shandong Province is also considered the birthplace of China's pottery, porcelain and silk. Throughout the province the tourist can find traditional items like the clocks and watches of Yantai, the porcelain of Zibo, the kites of Weifang, the shell carving and beer of Qingdao.

Shandong is the second most populous province of China, after Henan, with a population of 91,800,000. Over 99% of Shandong's population is Han Chinese. Minority groups include the Hui 0.6% and the Manchus.

Shandong a coastal province is situated in the eastern part of China on the lower reaches of the Yellow River. It borders on the Bohai and Huanghai seas in the east, and overlooks the Korean Peninsula and the Japan Archipelago across a vast stretch of sea.

The province has a total area of 156,700 km². The province is located in the lower reaches of the Huang He (Yellow River) and extends out to sea in the form of the Shandong Peninsula. Shandong borders the Bohai Bay to the north, Hebei to the northwest, Henan to the west, Jiangsu to the south, and the Yellow Sea to the southeast; it also shares a very short border with Anhui, between Henan and Jiangsu. The sacred Mount Tai. Shandong is mostly flat in terrain.

The northwestern, western, and southwestern parts of the province are all part of the vast North China Plain. The centre of the province is more mountainous, with the Taishan Mountains, Lushan Mountains, and Mengshan Mountains being the most prominent. The east of the province is the hilly Shandong Peninsula extending into the sea; it separates Bohai Sea in the northwest from the Yellow Sea to the east and south. The highest peak of Shandong is the highest peak in the Taishan area: Jade Emperor Peak, with a height of 1545 m.

The Yellow River passes through Shandong's western areas, entering the sea along Shandong's northern coast; in its traversal of Shandong it flows on a levee, higher than the surrounding land, and dividing western Shandong into the Hai He watershed in the north and the Huai He watershed in the south.

The Grand Canal of China enters Shandong from the northwest and leaves on the southwest. Lake Weishan is the largest lake of the province. Shandong's coastline is 3000 km long. Shandong Peninsula has a rocky coastline with cliffs, bays, and islands; the large Laizhou Bay, the southernmost of the three bays of Bohai Sea, is found to the north, between Dongying and Penglai; Jiaozhou Bay, which is much smaller, is found to the south, next to Qingdao.

The Miaodao Islands extend northwards from the northern coast of the peninsula. Shandong has a temperate climate, with moist summers and dry, cold winters. Average temperatures are -5 to 1°C in January and 24 to 28°C in July. Annual precipitation is 550 to 950 mm. Shandong cuisine is one of the eight great traditions of Chinese cuisine. It can be more finely divided into inland Shandong cuisine the seafood-centered Jiaodong cuisine in the peninsula; and Confucius's Mansion cuisine, an elaborate tradition originally intended for imperial and other important feasts. Shandong Bangzi and Lüju are popular types of Chinese opera in Shandong; both originated from southwestern Shandong. The Jingjiu Railway (Beijing-Kowloon) and Jinghu Railway (Beijing-Shanghai) are both major arterial railways that pass through the western part of Shandong.

The Jingjiu passes through Liaocheng and Heze; the Jinghu passes through Dezhou, Jinan, Tai'an, Qufu and Tengzhou. The Jiaoji Railway is an important railway of Shandong, linking its two largest cities of Jinan and Qingdao. Shandong has one of the densest and highest quality expressway networks among all Chinese provinces. At over 3000 km, the total length of Shandong's expressways is the highest among the provinces. The Jiqing Expressway (Jinan-Qingdao) and Jingfu Expressway (Beijing-Fuzhou, passing through Shandong) are all important arterial expressways. The Shandong Peninsula, with its bays and harbours, has many important ports, including Qingdao, Yantai, Weihai, Rizhao, and Longkou. Many of these ports have historical significance as well, as the sites of former foreign naval bases or historical battles.

Ferries link the cities on the north coast of the peninsula with the Liaodong Peninsula, further north across the sea. Important airports include Jinan Yaoqiang Airport and Qingdao Liuting International Airport and Weihai airport.

Tourist attractions in Shandong include: Penglai, a town on the north of the Shandong peninsula famed in Taoism. Qingdao, beach resort city on the south of the peninsula famous for its Tsingtao beer Laoshan, a scenic area and Daoist centre to the east of Qingdao.

Qingzhou, an ancient trading and administrative center with some famous archaeological discoveries. Weihai, a former British port city important in the second Sino-Japanese War. World Heritage Sites: Temple and Cemetery of Confucius, and the Kong Family Mansion in Qufu Tai Shan, sacred mountain, in Tai'an.

Shandong Province is frequently affected by marine monsoons, especially during the summer time. The climate is characterized by rain during the summer and autumn and a dry winter. The annual average temperature is between 11 and 14 degrees C while the annual precipitation is mostly affected by the monsoon rain. Between 500mm and 1000mm of rain can fall each year.

Things to see include the ruins of ancient Longshan City which is considered the earliest city in China. Portions of the Great Wall built during the Qi State period that is believed to be the most ancient great wall in the Country. The Confucius Temple, Confucius Mansion and Confucius Cemetery in Qufu. Shandong is also blessed with beautiful landscapes.

The most famous scenic spots are Mount Taishan, Mt. Laoshan and the seaside of the Jiaodong peninsula. In 1987 and 1994, Mount Taishan, the Temple and Cemetery of Confucius and the Confucius Mansion in Qufu were inscribed on the China World Cultural and Natural Heritage List by UNESCO.

Jinan, Shandong's provincial capital and largest city is one of China's most famous historical and cultural cities. It has numerous natural springs, hence its name 'Spring City'.
February 06, 2012 06:56PM

"The exposition is a pageant in ceramics circles that promotes exchanges between China and the world and fosters the industry's development in Zibo," said the city's mayor Zhou Qingli.

Inamori School of Engineering
July 29, 2011 12:06PM
Short Courses - Firing of Ceramics - Kilns & Furnaces, Equipment & Controls, Firing Profiles

Who Attends
Kiln and furnace operators, technical specialists, technicians, process engineers and others who are involved with the monitoring or operation of a kiln.

Course Description
A practical examination of kiln combustion focusing on hardware and the automatic control of the kiln. You will have the opportunity to actually work on a multi-burner rack with Dr. Pennisi. He will also describe the process parameters of automatic control, indicating how you can troubleshoot your system, identify problems and take steps to correct them. Introduction to developing a firing curve for a given ceramic composite will also be given.

Course Outline

Theory of combustion, hardware and systems.
Temperature sensors; types of sensors, emphasizing those required for automatic control.
Controller functions; types of controllers, their operation and adjustment.
Developing a firing curve using thermal analysis techniques.
Instructor
Dr. Licio Pennisi, Assistant Director for the Center for Advanced Ceramic Technology at Alfred University earned his B.S. in 1975 and his M.S. in 1978 from Alfred University. He earned his Doctor of Chemistry degree from the University of Modena, Modena, Italy in 1993. Dr. Pennisi is also an industrial consultant on ceramic processing, kilns and combustion systems and holds a patent on "The monitoring of gradients in a combustion process."

Course Fee
$1,095.00.
Re: Inamori School of Engineering Alfred University
July 29, 2011 12:07PM
Short Courses - Fundamentals of Ceramics
and Ceramic Manufacturing
May 20-22, 2009 (2.5 days - ends at noon on Friday) - registration closed

Who Attends
This course is designed for manufacturing personnel and others that have a need to better understand ceramics and ceramic manufacturing. Little or no ceramics background is necessary for this course. The course is also useful for anyone concerned with ceramic materials or products. You will gain a better understanding of what your company does and/or what your technical people are talking about.

Course Description
The goal of providing a knowledge base to the non-technical person is reached through hands-on experience in a laboratory setting, coupled with classroom presentations and discussions as well as the vocabulary of ceramics. You will receive a brief introduction to chemistry, followed by examples of typical raw materials, fabrication processes, and the high temperature processes that are central to modern ceramic manufacturing. Participants are also encouraged to bring examples of defects or manufacturing problems for discussion.

Course Outline

Chemistry as related to ceramics
Raw materials (sources and material processing)
Batch preparation and control
Forming (Slip casting; extrusion, wet and dry pressing)
Drying, firing
Strength of ceramics
Role of defects
Thermal properties and thermal shock
Other properties
Methods of characterization
Instructor
Dr. William M. Carty is a Professor of Ceramic Engineering, in the Kazuo Inamori School of Engineering, New York State College of Ceramics, Alfred University. Dr. Carty teaches both engineering courses in ceramic processing and whitewares and teaches Ceramic Science for the Artist. His research interests are in ceramic processing of traditional and advanced ceramic materials, microstructure tailoring and evolution, and the identification of defects and their elimination. He received the B.S. and M.S. in Ceramic Engineering from the University of Missouri-Rolla and the Ph.D. in Materials Science and Engineering from the University of Washington (Seattle). He joined the faculty at Alfred University in 1993.

Course Fee
$1,195.00.
Re: Peters Valley Store & Gallery Classes
August 02, 2011 05:19PM
Making an Impression

Instructor: Tony Clennell

Workshop Dates: August 26 - 30, 2011

Class Description: The workshop will focus on larger than life utilitarian pottery for occasional use. We will pay attention to the details on large casseroles, pitchers, bowls and plates so they may be used for celebration and presentation. Tony’s specialty over the years has been sectional or composite throwing where he adds many pieces together to make one vessel. Participants that normally cannot throw more than a few pounds of clay often throw with ease 3-5 times as much after the session. Recent work has been an exploration of textures using roulettes, stamps and many found objects. The maker's marks and details of process are what he is interested in leaving in the finished work. Although he wood fires, he is presently experimenting with gas fired reticulated glazes. He has made a living for the past decade almost exclusively glazing and firing a carbon trap shino glaze over multiple slips in a gas fired kiln. We will be able to glaze and fire a kiln load of shino glazed pots for a final day critique.

September 3 - 5, 2011: Pit Firing and Post Firing Decoration with Bennett Bean
Pit Firing and Post Firing Decoration

Instructor: Bennett Bean

Workshop Dates: September 3 - 5, 2011

Class Description: The emphasis of this workshop will be on transforming and expanding personal imagery by borrowing/stealing and general expropriations from yourself and other disciplines to construct decoration. Through lecture, discussion and hands-on experience you will explore these themes. Techniques that will be taught in the workshop include: stencil and tape resist, pit-firing, post-fire decoration such as painting and gilding, as well as repair techniques as decorative motif. You will also be introduced to computer cut stencil technology. There will also be an opportunity to visit Bennett’s studio.
Clay Art Center, Port Chester, NY 10573
July 29, 2011 12:17PM
The Clay Art Center, founded in 1957 by Katherine Choy & Henry Okamoto and located in Port Chester, New York, is a nationally recognized non-profit center for the advancement of the ceramic arts.

Our studio is unique in that it not only provides artists with studio space, but it also offers extraordinary clay classes and workshops in wheel throwing, pottery, sculpture and handbuilding.
Furthermore, our classes are available to adults and children and serve the Westchester and Connecticut communities. Lastly, our Gallery is solely dedicated to exhibiting ceramics.
BrickHouse Ceramic Art Center
10-34 44th Drive 1st Floor, Long Island City, NY 11101; 718.784.4907; ellen.day@brickhouseny.com; http://www.brickhouseny.com. Spacious, fully-equipped studio, year-round adult classes, ceramic artist rental shelves, pottery for sale.Wheel-throwing, handbuilding, electric firing, guest artist workshops, private parties.
new york new jersey academy of ceramic art
August 02, 2011 03:23PM
new york new jersey academy of ceramic art

279 pine street

jersey city new jersey 07304

phone 201 432 9315
The New York State College of Ceramics (NYSCC),2 Pine Street ,Alfred, NY 14802
July 29, 2011 11:54AM
Center for Advanced Ceramic Technology

The Center for Advanced Ceramic Technology (CACT) fosters the research and development of high technology ceramic materials that possess the potential to benefit both the industrial base of New York State and the scientific community. A joint venture between university, government and industry, the CACT was established at the New York State College of Ceramics at Alfred University, built on Alfred's strong foundation of education and research in the area of ceramics, with the goal of developing advanced ceramics that possess potential to secure the economic future of the United States and revolutionize our technological world.

The Center for Advanced Ceramic Technology is dedicated to providing a diverse, stable technological basis for sustainable growth of the ceramic and glass industry statewide. The CACT provides a range of technology transfer services from short-term "trouble-shooting" to long-term graduate research.

http://cact.alfred.edu
PAY NOW
March 24, 2016 08:27AM
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login